Election Day

In honour of election day south of the border, I figured I’d be a pageview whore and throw up a meaningless poll. Go ahead, friends, and waste 5 seconds of your work day voting in this here poll for best beer in BC. Consider the comments section to be a write-in ballot. If enough folk nominate a new beer, I might just add it.

This poll closes… whenever I feel like, but likely sometime today.

Rules for consideration:

• One entry per brewery, max
  • Must be a regular beer. No seasonals.
  • Initial list was populated by pulling from the Top 25 Beers in BC, according to RateBeer.
  • Plus Steamworks Pilsner… because that didn’t make the top 25, despite winning “Best in BC” recently.

Update: It’s over! Driftwood walks away with the crown, despite a late rally by Cannery Brewing in favour of their Maple Stout. Final Tally:

Driftwood Fat Tug: 45%
Central City IPA: 25%
Cannery Maple Stout: 13%
Crannog Backhand of God: 11%
Phillips Amnesiac DIPA: 5%
Steamworks Pilsner: 1%

Total Votes: 64

November 6th, 2012 at 10:49 am

8 Responses to 'Election Day'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Election Day'.

1. For the record, if you can’t vote (and one of the options appears to be Bold and Italicized) then someone else from your IP has already voted. Email me your vote (or dump it in the comments), and I’ll adjust once I close the poll.

6 Nov 12 at 10:59

2. What?! No Nectar of the Gods? Wait… nor is there any Back Hand of God on this list? Blasphemy, that’s what those omissions are… it’s about enough to drive one to drink!

Dan

6 Nov 12 at 15:05

3. While tasty, Nectar is a seasonal. If I added that we’d have to add Singularity and Thor’s Hammer…

Backhand, tho, is now up. Sure, it’s a late entry, but this isn’t a fair poll.

6 Nov 12 at 15:56

4. I voted for Amnesiac — mostly because I figured it would need some help in this list. But I gotta say lately it just seems to be getting better and better. It’s turning into one of my go-to beers. Of course, Fat Tug and Red Racer are top of the heap but I encourage those who disdain Phillips to give Amnesiac another try. You might be surprised.

Joe Wiebe

7 Nov 12 at 08:50

5. @Joe – I agree that Amnesiac doesn’t get enough love. It’s a surprisingly tasty beer, and the only double IPA in BC that is broadly and consistently available.

I’m organizing a “best IPA” single-blind sampling in the near future, and Amnesiac will be the only double IPA in the bunch for those reasons.

It still suffers from that “Phillips Metallic Tang” though.

7 Nov 12 at 09:08

6. Chuck – I’d like to invite myself to the IPA single blind sampling.

chuggins

7 Nov 12 at 15:29

7. @Chris – No entiendo Inglés. ¿Quién eres y qué quieres? Por favor, vaya. Tu madre está mal y tiene un sombrero estúpido.

7 Nov 12 at 15:39

8. @Chuck – yo no speako Espagnoles. Tambien I thinko that tu should stop coveting mi madre’s stupido sombrero and just invite me to your cerveza evento.

chuggins