August Beer of the Month

I know what you’re thinking: good ole Chuck, lazily waiting until mid-month to update his Beer of the Month. However, that’s not the case! (this time) Nope, I was waiting for a worthy contender to step up to the plate, and boy was I patient.

Alas, none arrived. There were some decent beers, but ultimately nothing I felt really deserved a call out. So, the August Beer of the Month is: Nothing! Absolutely Nothing!

Stupid! You so stupid!

Sure, I could have gone the easy route and picked something like Parallel 49’s Li’l Red Sour, but I tend to pick beers that aren’t awful (sorry guys, it really isn’t any good). Maybe GIB’s Pucker Meister then? It’s a low-ABV style and I’m all about those, but honestly it’s not an amazing or highly unique beer, and I just singled out a low-ABV style by GIB last month. I don’t want to get repetitive or anything.

So, we’re stuck with nothing. Congratulations British Columbia Brewers, way to over-achieve.

August 15th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

11 Responses to 'August Beer of the Month'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'August Beer of the Month'.

1. August ain’t over yet. Two new beers next week.

Graham With

15 Aug 13 at 17:57

2. When is the Driftwood Gose out? I’ve got high hope for that.

Quinn

15 Aug 13 at 18:04

3. @Graham — I saw that. I had thought you guys had given up the quest to cause my liver to shut down, but I guess not.

I generally like to throw these things up in the first half of the month, so they’re more like a “beer of the past four weeks” but that’s not as catchy.

15 Aug 13 at 18:14

4. @Quinn — Driftwood is pretty tight lipped about upcoming releases… I’ve heard rumours but that’s about it. It has to be soon, though, as it will be available at the Alibi on the 20th.

15 Aug 13 at 18:57

5. No 33 Acres of Sunshine love?

Gardy

15 Aug 13 at 19:49

6. Sorry Jenn; it’s a fine beer but it’s not BOTM material.

15 Aug 13 at 21:26

7. If there is no outstanding beer for the month, how about a “beers to avoid month”? I would start with Scandal Ale from Scandal Brewing which is a scandal that BC Liquor Distribution is allowing this beer to tie up limited shelf space that could be for good BC craft beer.

Dante B

16 Aug 13 at 07:41

8. @Dante — I would definitely advise against drinking beer from Scandal Brewing… if there was such a brewery. There isn’t. They don’t exist.

16 Aug 13 at 09:58

9. Thankfully you didn’t pick the Pucker Meister as your beer of the month. It is truly awful. A milky barnyard funk that I could only take four sips of before I poured the rest out.

Ken

17 Aug 13 at 09:34

10. @Ken I didn’t think it was bad actually–just not exceptional. There’s a lot of variation between bottles what with all the yeast in there, so it’s also quite possible we were drinking two very different beers.

18 Aug 13 at 14:41

11. Let’s hope that the Driftwood Gose is a great beer. I have one in the fridge chilling.

Ken