Want to ask a question about beer? Got a complaint you don’t want to air in public? Are you a lawyer who’s unsure where to send that demand letter? Get ahold of Chuck these ways:
1/ Twitter (@Barley_Mowat) via normal tweets or direct messages
2/ Email: Chuck’s last name (at) gmail (dot) com *
* See my Twitter profile for that info. Sorry to make you do work but, you know, spam.
If you have a website and would like to include my various rantings on misc topics, by all means go ahead. Heck, even hotlink my images. Barley Mowat don’t care. Just be sure to properly attribute the content to me, and to provide a link back to the source. That’s all I ask. If you’d like to also buy me beer, I will not say no.
If you are a brewery/importer and would like to use my review, whole or in part, in promotional material, go ahead. Just don’t cleverly edit my copy to represent a review I did not give. If I gave a star rating on Untappd, please use that in your promotion. Optionally include these descriptors for each rating: 0.5: Fucking Awful, 1.0: Seriously Flawed, 1.5: Flawed, 2.0: Minor flaws, 2.5: Below Average, 3.0: Average, 3.5: Above Average, 4.0: Excellent, 4.5: Exceptional, 5.0: World Class. If you use a 0.5/5.0 rating in your promotional materials, you’re either truly awful or truly brilliant at your job, but either way you’re kinda awesome.
Additionally, attribute any promotional quotes with “Chuck Hallett, BarleyMowat.com, @Barley_Mowat”. Cheers.
If you are a brewery and you would like to send me a sample of your product for review, please contact me and we’ll work something out. Please be aware of the following things before you send samples:
- I do not guarantee that I will post a review. However, if I don’t even try your beer there is no way I’ll post a review.
- I do not guarantee a positive review, or that I will not post a negative review. My reviews are honest, harsh and fair. Make good beer, and I’ll talk about it. If you send me Kokanee, oh yeah, I’ll talk about it.
- Likewise, don’t assume that not sending me something will escape a bad review. If you’re putting out a bad seasonal beer in BC, I’m going to buy that shit and talk about it. Yes, I am the Good Beer Police. No, I don’t have a uniform… yet.
- Please don’t send regular beers or production beers that have been around for a while. I’m focused on seasonals and new beers.
- Please don’t send non-BC beers. I have to specialize in something.
- Okay, fine, you can send both those types of beers, but I won’t review them.